Having a properly insulated home contributes to your family’s comfort while reducing your home’s monthly energy bill. The added cost of replacing insulation or adding more to areas like the attic, exterior walls, garage and basement will pay off in the long run. It’s also important to seal any drafts, such as those around doors, windows or a fireplace and dryer vent. You’d be surprised by how much cold air can enter your home through the smallest cracks and gaps. Do a thorough inspection of your home and address any insulation problems you may find. A well-insulated home is a great way to help keep your energy bill manageable throughout the year.
If you have questions, talk to one of our Insulation Experts about your insulation project. TIMBER MART has the supplies and advice you’ll need to get the job done correctly and on budget.
Other ways to save on your winter energy bill
- Turn off unnecessary lights
- Unplug unused electronics
- Manage your thermostat
- Close window coverings at night
- Take shorter showers
- Maintain clean, air-tight refrigerator door seals
- Skip the heat-dry setting on your dishwasher
- Wash laundry in cold water
- Run full loads of laundry in washer and dryer
- Use natural light or task lighting instead of overhead lighting